What singles out social marketing out is its goal to benefit the audience. Any marketing campaign whose ultimate goal is not to effect a change or sustain the behavior of the audience for their own good is not social marketing. Social media marketing (where a brand markets its product or service through social media platforms) should not be confused with social marketing. Public announcement made by a charity organization regarding their own donations is not social marketing (even when a donation itself is an act for social good). So long they are not soliciting for the public to contribute to the donations; all they are doing is building their reputation and not helping the audience.
Social marketing must not be misconstrued with social media marketing. Social media marketing is simply the use of social media platforms like Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, etc., to Market a brand, whereas social marketing could be through any platform so long the ultimate aim is social good and not to market a brand. Dentist in New Jersey can get involved in social marketing to promote the health and lifestyle of New Jersey residents. By reason of their vast knowledge in health medicine, dentist can serve to promote social good by showing the public what they can do to maintain and improve their lifestyle.
Effective social marketing tips
To carry out an effective social marketing campaign, you must do the following:
- Mitigate barriers: To every change, there are barriers or oppositions. You therefore need to carry out in depth research on your audience to know what the things are that may likely hinder them from doing what would benefit them. The barriers hindering drug addicts from changing differs from those affecting reckless drivers. You must understand your audience and then look for ways to minimize the barriers so that they can readily accept the change.
- Create a catchy phrase: “Help an orphan.” “Say no to drugs.” “An apple a day keeps the doctor at bay.” All of these slogans are catchy, concise and easily understandable. Slogans are pivotal to the success of every social marketing campaign. The slogan you create must be simple and concise such that the audience can easily understand, memorize and recall it daily.
- Interesting visuals: To capture the interest of your audience, intriguing visuals should be used. The visuals should resonate with the audience and draw their emotions. Picture a child hawking food for daily survival. This immediately tells the audience to help the needy kids.
- Content is key to organic marketing. Engage your target audience by consistently creating and publishing blog posts, videos, newsletters, all relevant to your target audience. Such content should solve issues or answer questions on healthcare asked by your audience on the search engine such that when they search, your content is brought before them. By so doing, you are building a relationship with them and building your reputation as a trusted expert in the medical field.
What are the benefits of social marketing?
The benefits that comes with the use of social marketing can be overwhelming for a medical practice, but to ensure that it yields the best result, you have to ensure that it is used in the best way. As a Dentist in New Jersey, you can make use of this strategy to increase the popularity of your healthcare over the internet. This can be done with the aid of several social media platforms such as blogs, video and photo sharing websites, social marketing websites, etc.
- It helps promote consumption of socially desirable products.
- It helps enhance health consciousness in individuals and assist them to embrace a healthier lifestyle
- It assists in green marketing initiatives
- Social marketing helps to eliminate social crimes influences the society and quality of life.
- This marketing strategy is regarded as the cheapest of all marketing strategies
Social Marketing experts NJ
As a professional legal marketing firm in NJ, we offer assistance to organizations, dentist and other professionals in the mapping out and implementation of a social marketing strategy designed specifically for the target audience. We understand the dynamics of the society, and so we carry out updated and in depth research to know what works best for your firm, your motive (product), and your target audience.
Contact us for professional assistance with your social marketing campaign.